About Dr. Godwin
Dr. Godwin is a licensed psychologist in private practice with over 28 years of experience. He counsels with individual adults and with couples. Dr. Godwin also serves on the adjunct faculty of the Graduate Counseling Department of Trevecca University in Nashville, Tennessee, where he teaches a class for doctoral students. He also developed and presents three seminars nationally for mental health professionals through Cross Country Education. These seminars are entitled:
- “Helping Adult Clients Grow Up: Blend Object Relations Perspectives Into Your Therapies for Stuck Clients”
- “Happily Incompatible: Clinical Strategies for Helping Couples Resolve Their Differences”
- “Inside the Manipulator’s Mind: An Insider’s Guide to Ending Emotional Manipulation”
He has also written three e-books entitled:
- “Tired of the Drama: Handling People Who Won’t Be Reasonable“
- “10 Tips for Managing Holiday Dramas“, and
- “Marriage Myths: 10 Things You Thought Were True About Marriage. . . but Aren’t“
Additionally, he has penned a regular quarterly feature entitled “Ask Dr. Alan” for Deacon magazine, has served as a People and Relationships expert on Bizymoms.com, and has been a guest on numerous radio and television programs across the U.S. and Canada.
Certified in Alternative Dispute Resolution, he has dedicated himself to helping individuals, couples, churches, and businesses develop better ways of handling conflict. Dr. Godwin’s book, “How to Solve Your People Problems: Dealing with Your Difficult Relationships“, released in August 2008, explains how and why conflict goes badly and how to make it go well with two types of people: reasonable and unreasonable.